ROYAL ENFIELD (RE) and/or its affiliates provide website features and other products and services to you when you visit or shop at Royalenfield.com, use ROYAL ENFIELD products or services, or use software provided by ROYAL ENFIELD in connection with any of the foregoing.ROYAL ENFIELD is a unit of EICHER MOTORS LIMITED, which is incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956. ROYAL ENFIELD provides the Services subject to the following conditions.
This user agreement (“Terms and Conditions” or “T&C” or “Terms” or “Agreement”) is between you (“you” or “End User” or “your” or “Buyer” or “Customer” or “Registered User”) and EICHER MOTORS LIMITED (“Company” or “us” or “we” or “Royalenfield.com”). This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Notwithstanding anything contained or said in any other document, if there is a conflict between the terms mentioned herein below and any other document, the terms contained in the present T&C shall alone prevail for the purposes of usage of the Site
- 1. The domain name royalenfield.com is registered in the name of Eicher Motors Limited which is a registered company under the Companies Act, 1956. Its registered office is at 3rd Floor, Select Citywalk, A-3, District Centre, Saket, New Delhi 110017. ROYAL ENFIELD is in the business of selling luxury lifestyle retail products such as home décor, furniture, apparel and other related goods and has various retail stores located all across India.
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE
- 1. ROYAL ENFIELD reserves the sole right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions every time you purchase products from us or use our Web Site.
- When you use any of our Services, or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You by using our services consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site or through other Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. The legal requirements would be inconformity with the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Unless otherwise indicated or anything contained to the contrary or any proprietary material owned by a third party and so expressly mentioned, ROYAL ENFIELD owns all Intellectual Property Rights to and into the Website, including, without limitation, any and all rights, title and interest in and to copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill, source code, meta tags, databases, text, content, graphics, icons, and hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use, reproduce or distribute any content from the Website belonging to ROYAL ENFIELD without obtaining authorization from it.
- User shall not upload post or otherwise make available on the Site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. ROYAL ENFIELD does not have any express burden or responsibility to provide the Users with indications, markings or anything else that may aid the User in determining whether the material in question is copyrighted or trademarked. User shall retain ownership, if any, and shall be solely responsible for any content that User provides or upload when using any service on the Site, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video or any other material which User may upload, transmit or store and User shall also be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the Site, User warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted ROYAL ENFIELD the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. User also permits any other end user to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that end user's personal use. User hereby grants ROYAL ENFIELD, the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material publically made available on the Site by the User. The foregoing provisions of Section 25 apply equally to and are for the benefit of ROYAL ENFIELD, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
- The Site contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music, sound, and the entire contents of ROYAL ENFIELD protected by copyright as a collective work under the applicable copyright laws. ROYAL ENFIELD owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. Users may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. Users may download / print / save copyrighted material for the User's personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly stated under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material without the express permission of ROYAL ENFIELD and the copyright owner is permitted.
- If copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material is permitted, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. The User acknowledges that he/she/it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Trademarks that are located within or on the Site or a website otherwise owned or operated in conjunction with ROYAL ENFIELD shall not be deemed to be in the public domain but rather the exclusive property of ROYAL ENFIELD, unless such site is under license from the trademark owner thereof in which case such license is for the exclusive benefit and use of ROYAL ENFIELD, unless otherwise stated.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS COMPLAINTS
- ROYAL ENFIELD respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes any Intellectual Property Right infringement, please address a complaint to the ‘Customer Care’ by way of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
USER RESPONSIBILITY AND REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
- If you use the Website as Registered User, you agree that you are competent to contract within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872. ROYAL ENFIELD reserves the right to terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to its notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years or for any other reason at ROYAL ENFIELD’s discretion.
If you or ROYAL ENFIELD terminates your use of the Website or any service therein, ROYAL ENFIELD may delete any content or other materials relating to your use of the Site and will have no liability to you or any third party for doing so. You shall be liable to pay for any product that you have already ordered till the time of termination by either party whatsoever .You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and Password. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and Password. You agree to (a) immediately notify ROYAL ENFIELD of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. ROYAL ENFIELD cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this requirement. You agree, inter-alia, to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Website registration form or provided by You as a Visitor or user of a third party site through which You access the Website. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or not in accordance with the User Agreement, ROYAL ENFIELD has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your membership with the Website and refuse to provide you with access to the Website.
- You undertake not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that is contained on the website that:
- belongs to another person and to which you does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous; defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
That in case it is found that you are in violation of these express conditions, you shall be solely responsible and shall face all legal consequences of the same by yourself and that ROYAL ENFIELD shall in no manner be held responsible for the same.
- 1. The price of our merchandise as mentioned on Royalenfield.com is the Maximum Retail Price (MRP) for the said product. Such MRP shall be inclusive of all local taxes as are applicable in India. Additional applicable taxes may be charged depending upon the destination where the order has to be shipped to which shall be specified at the time of purchase before payment is effected by you. The tax rate applied and charged upon the order shall include combined tax rate for both state and local tax rates in accordance with the address where the order is being shipped. ROYAL ENFIELD reserves the right to collect taxes and/or such other levy/ duty/ surcharge that it may have to incur in addition to the normal taxes it may have to pay. We may also charge Delivery Charges which may include postal charges/ shipment charges etc. that may be applicable for your country.
ORDER CANCELLATION BY ROYAL ENFIELD
- Due to unavoidable circumstances there may be times when certain orders having been validly placed may not be processed or capable of being dispatched. ROYAL ENFIELD reserves the exclusive right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled shall include limitations on quantities available for purchase, inaccuracies or errors in product or pricing information, problems identified by our credit and fraud avoidance department or any defect regarding the quality of the product. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your credit card/ debit card/ any other mode of payment has been charged, the said amount will be reversed into your Account/ as the case may be to the source of the payment within a period of 30 business days. Any type of voucher used in these orders shall be returned and made available to the user in case of cancellation by ROYAL ENFIELD.
SHIPPING & PROCESSING FEE
- 1. Our shipping and processing charges are intended to compensate ROYAL ENFIELD for the cost of processing your order, handling and packing the products you purchase and delivering them to you. For further information please refer to our Shipping & Payment Policy.
- While availing any of the payment method/s offered by us, we are not responsible or take no liability of whatsoever nature in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you including but not limited to the following: (a) lack of authorization for any transaction/s; (b) or exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by you and between your "Bank/s"; (c) or any payment issues arising out of the transaction; (d) or decline of transaction for any other reason/s.
- All payments made against the purchases/services on Royalenfield.com by you shall be as against the MRP displayed on the website and shall be in terms and conditions of the third party Online Payment Gateway Services as adopted and applicable to your transaction as approved by ROYAL ENFIELD.
- Before shipping your order to you, we may request you to provide supporting documents (including but not limited to Govt. issued ID and address proof) to establish the ownership of the payment instrument used by you for your purchase. This is done so as to ensure a safe and a fool proof online shopping environment to our users.
- ROYAL ENFIELD may employ PaisaPay, PayPal and such other third party facilities, for Payments on the Website. Such payments can be made through the electronic or through Cash on delivery transactions, as may be permitted by ROYAL ENFIELD which shall be at its sole discretion. Use of such third party services will be governed by their User Agreement, Seller Terms, Conditions and other rules and policies as may be required and applicable for your nature of activities.
- ROYAL ENFIELD endeavors but does not guarantee delivery of products in the stipulated time period as mentioned on the purchase of the product. In no manner can the contract be repudiated if ROYAL ENFIELD fails to deliver any one or more products in the stipulated time frame. However, if you fail to take the delivery of the goods, ROYAL ENFIELD may at its discretion charge you for additional shipping cost.
LOSS IN TRANSIT
- All items purchased from ROYAL ENFIELD are made pursuant to a shipment contract. The risk of loss and title for such items purchased on our site pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
REFUNDS & RETURNS
- ROYAL ENFIELD shall make all endeavors to deliver defect free products to the purchasers. ROYAL ENFIELD does not take title to any returned items purchased by the user unless the item is received by ROYAL ENFIELD. Any item purchased on our website does not qualify for any return unless the product delivered is damaged or has manufacturing defects. The defective and/or damaged goods so received shall be communicated to ROYAL ENFIELD within 48 hours of its receipt. Any communication received after 48 hours of delivery shall not qualify for return unless expressly covered by the product warranty even in case the said product has been wrongly delivered.
- ROYAL ENFIELD holds the sole discretion to determine whether a refund can be issued. For further information please read our Returns & Exchanges Policy.
- No exchange or return is applicable on discounted products unless the product delivered is damaged or has manufacturing defects.
- Products displayed on ROYAL ENFIELD attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, ROYAL ENFIELD does not warrant that product descriptions or other content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by ROYAL ENFIELD is not as described, your sole remedy is to contact ROYAL ENFIELD within 48 hours of receipt and ROYAL ENFIELD reserves the right to provide a solution as per its discretion. ROYAL ENFIELD is not liable to issue any refunds or allow exchanges and/or returns as a matter of policy.
- Products displayed/ sold on the ROYAL ENFIELD website are manufactured/ procured as per the applicable Local Laws of India and are in conformity with the required Indian industry standards.
PRODUCT PRICING DISCLAIMER
- The prices displayed on our website may differ from prices that are available in stores. Further the prices displayed in our catalogs are quotes which may vary from country to country for the same product. Prices shown on the website both for India and in other International Countries are subject to change without prior notice. These prices only reflect the MRP and do not include shipping and taxes which may be extra as applicable.
- From time to time there may be information on our Website or in our catalog that may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. ROYAL ENFIELD reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
WARRANTIES & LIABILITY
- All information, content, materials, products (including software) and other services included on or otherwise made available to you by ROYAL ENFIELD are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. ROYAL ENFIELD makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the services, or the information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through ROYAL ENFIELD, unless otherwise specified in writing. You expressly agree that your use of the website is at your sole risk.
- ROYAL ENFIELD does not warrant that this Website will be uninterrupted, error free, or constantly available, or available at all or that any information on this Website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.Further, ROYAL ENFIELD shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the Website during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the website that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond RE control. The user understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website is done entirely at their own discretion and risk and they will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
- We will not be liable to you in any way or in relation to the Contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, the Website. You acknowledge, by your use of this Website, that your use of this Website is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all risks associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use of this Website, and that ROYAL ENFIELD shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of this Website.
- Though ROYAL ENFIELD shall make all endeavor to protect its websites from any viruses or other illegal use of its website. However we do not warrant that this site; information, Content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website; its servers; or electronic communication sent from us are free of viruses or other harmful components. Nothing on Website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
- All the Products sold on Website shall be solely governed by the Indian Laws. In the event we are unable to deliver such Products due to implications of different territorial laws, we will return or will give credit for the amount (if any) received in advance by us from the sale of such Product that could not be delivered to You. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that the products purchased on this website is not restricted in your territory. ROYAL ENFIELD shall not be responsible for any non-compliance with regard to the local laws of that territory for any product available on this website.
- ROYAL ENFIELD will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of any service, or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or from failure of performance, error, omission, inaccuracy, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access, or alteration, or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the website, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing. You specifically acknowledge that ROYAL ENFIELD is not liable for the defamatory or offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- You agree to indemnify and shall not hold ROYAL ENFIELD (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, and employees) for any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees, or arising out of or related to your breach of this T&C, or your violation of these terms, orany law or the rights of a third party or any damage to life and/or property caused by the products delivered.
- Any breach of any applicable local laws of that territory shall also result in, without prior notice immediately limit your activity, remove your information, temporarily/indefinitely suspend or terminate or block your membership, and/or refuse to provide you with access to this Website.
- We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
- The failure by ROYAL ENFIELD to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the terms or conditions of the Agreement shall not be a waiver by ROYAL ENFIELD of them or of the right any time subsequent to enforce all Terms and Conditions of this agreement.
- Failure on the part of ROYAL ENFIELD to perform any of its obligations and the non furnishing of the Service), shall not entitle you to raise any claim against ROYAL ENFIELD or be a breach hereunder to the extent that such failure arises from an event of Force Majeure. If through force Majeure the fulfillment by either party of any obligation set forth in this Agreement will be delayed, the period of such delay will not be counted on in computing periods prescribed by this Agreement. Force Majeure will include any war, civil commotion, strike, governmental action, lockout, accident, epidemic or any other event of any nature or kind whatsoever beyond the control of ROYAL ENFIELD that directly or indirectly hinders or prevents ROYAL ENFIELD from commencing or proceeding with consummation of the transactions contemplated hereby. You expressly agree that lack of funds shall not in any event constitute or be considered an event of Force Majeure.
- Your obligations to pay the Payment Fees shall not be suspended during the pendency of such proceedings.
- Any grievances you have by way of use of the website can be addressed to the ‘Customer Care’ by way of email to email@example.com
- The ‘Customer Care’ shall thereafter consider the same and provide a response within one month of the date of such complaint/ grievance.
- These Terms and Conditions or the documents of third party payment channels shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
USER INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
- ROYAL ENFIELD is committed to protecting all the information you share with us. We follow stringent procedures to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our systems. Our Website encrypts your credit card number and other personal information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of all data. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access. Any employee who violates our privacy and/or security policies is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution, ROYAL ENFIELD’S top most priority is in protecting your confidential information and privacy.
ENJOY SECURE SHOPPING
- We use encryption technology, digital certificates, secure commerce servers, and authentication to ensure that your personal information is secure online.
- ROYAL ENFIELD keeps track of your information to offer you the best possible shopping experience. When you register (log in), you supply your email address and a password. This allows us to provide you access to your account every time you visit our Website. Before completing your first purchase, we also ask you for your name, phone number, email, billing and shipping addresses. This information, along with your credit card number, is necessary to fulfill your order. This information may be disclosed to specific members of our staff and to select third parties (such as but not limited to our credit card processor and shipping provider) involved in the completion of your transaction and delivery of your order. We may also need your email address or phone number to contact you if we have questions about your order.
- In addition, we keep a record of your past purchases, returns, and credits. We may also ask you for information regarding your personal preferences and demographics to help us better meet your needs.
- We or our associate companies may also use your email address to notify you about new services or special promotional programs, or send you offers or information if you have opted-in. Promotional emails are sent only to Royal Enfield.com members who have chosen to receive them (opted-in) or who have made a purchase on our website. At any time, you can notify us if you wish to stop receiving such emails.
- Any information provided by you to any third party advertisements regarding ROYAL ENFIELD may also be collected by ROYAL ENFIELD and shall be protected in accordance with the present policy.
ANALYSIS AND REPORTING
- ROYAL ENFIELD uses reporting software that allows us to analyze the amount and type of member traffic we get on our Website. We use this data to make improvements to your shopping experience and to ensure that we have enough capacity to properly serve all of our members. The software provides aggregate reporting information to ROYAL ENFIELD only. No personal or personally identifiable information is gathered or used for this process.
- In an effort to make our Website as effective and enjoyable as possible, the computers (including servers) that operate it collect and retain certain information each time you visit. We store these statistics in server logs. These statistics do not identify you personally, but provide us information regarding the type of user who is accessing our Website and certain browsing activities of that user. This data may include: the IP address of the user accessing our Website (i.e. the unique I.D. number of the user's computer), the type of browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and the operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc.), the Website the user last visited before linking to our Website, how long the user accessed our Website in any given session, and the date and time of access. We may make extensive usage of this data at an aggregated level in order to understand how our Website is being used. We may share some of the aggregate findings (not the specific data like personal information) with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help our business grow.
- ROYAL ENFIELD may use various outside agencies (third party service providers) to make our Website operate. For example, we may use third parties to host our Website, operate various features made available on our Website, send emails, analyze data, provide search results and links, and assist in fulfilling your orders. Some of these third parties may need access to your information in order to make the services provided through our Website work. Information will only be disclosed to these service providers on a need-to-know basis, and they will only be permitted to use such information for the purpose of providing the particular services provided by such entities in connection with our Website. We shall however not disclose your credit card details except to the payment gateways.
- Your information may be transferred to or be maintained on computers, computer systems and computer resources located outside of your state or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside India, by providing information to us you agree to keep or transfer information to India and make it available to processes it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have commercially reasonable procedures and security features in place to reasonably endeavor to prevent unauthorized access through our systems.
CHANGES IN POLICY
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.